Here is the illustration of prima.
Features of the guard as per the illustration
- True edge (red) is up.
- The sword arm is almost completely extended
- The hilt is significantly higher than the head.
- The point is aimed above the opponent’s head
- The off hand is extended forward roughly to the elbow on the sword arm.
- The left shoulder is not turned all the way back.
- The lean is slightly forward.
- The front knee is bent so that the knee is over the ankle
- The rear leg is nearly straight
- The rear foot is turned out slightly more than 90 degrees
Features of the guard as per the text
- The hand is inverted
- The point is aimed at the face [conflict with image]
- The thumb is below, the small finger above
- The fist is closed
- The arm extended
- Seldom used for thrusting