Things I recently learned:
- Do most of your talking without a mask. It’s easier to hear, especially if you don’t have a dedicated microphone.
- After speaking, allow a 3 second pause before bending down to put on your mask or pick up a sword. That allows the editor jump cut to the next shot rather than boring the audience with how clumsily you put on the mask.
- Likewise, allow a 3 second pause before starting the next take. Again, so he has some buffer to work with when trimming the beginning of the shot.
- Finally, another 3 second pause after the sign-off so you have a place to splice in the credits.
- It’s a luxury, but having an extra person to jot down quick notes about which takes you liked during filming would make the editing much faster.